Hurt in a Bus Accident?
Get More With Injured 914!
Over $100 Million Recovered For Injury Victims
No Fee Unless We Win
100% Free Consultation
We’ll Come to You
Why So Many Turn to Injured 914
We grew up here and work here. We raised families here and live in the same communities from which the jury will be selected. Our offices are close by or we will come to you. We practice regularly in the State and Federal courts in White Plains, and appear frequently before the judges here. If you’ve been in a bus accident, call Injured 914 to speak with an attorney who can get you the compensation you deserve.
Bus Accident Lawyers in White Plains
Who Is the Defendant in a Bus Accident?
If you’re hurt in a bus accident in New York, call our law firm as soon as you can. We can help determine who is at fault for the bus accident in order to help you get the compensation that you deserve for your injuries.
When a bus is involved in an accident, the results can be catastrophic. A bus driver’s split-second decision to check their cell phone can leave multiple people injured and do tens of thousands of dollars in property damage. If you are involved in a bus accident, you need legal representation you can trust.
At Injured 914, our attorneys are experienced trial lawyers that have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of injury victims. Contact our office today at (914) 368-7168 to speak with a White Plains bus accident lawyer. There are no fees unless we win. Call today for a free consultation.
Holding Negligent Parties Accountable in Bus Accident Cases
Bus accidents in New York may have one or more defendants. Common defendants include:
The bus driver.
Drivers of other vehicles.
If another driver causes the crash or drives in a way that is irresponsible and causes the bus driver to wreck the bus, they may be legally responsible.
State of New York.
New York Bus Accident Facts & Statistics
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) is one of the largest transportation systems in the country, providing service throughout New York City, New York State, and Connecticut. According to their website, they have over 5,900 vehicles in their bus fleet with over 200 local bus routes. On an average weekday, over 1.7 million people ride the bus in New York City with the busiest bus routes located in Manhattan, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
- Last year, the MTA reported an 11 percent increase in the number of “bus customer accidents” to the New York Post. Data provided by the MTA to the Post indicated that many customers were injured by “throwing movements” and slips or falls. Injuries from bus collisions also increased slightly from 1.2 percent to 1.8 percent, as noted in the article.
- In 2018, the Post reported on the high number of MTA buses that were involved in collisions. Over a three-year period, buses were involved in over 20,000 “crashes, collisions and other mishaps.”
- In addition to MTA buses, the Westchester County Department of Transportation operates the Bee-Line. According to their website, this regional bus system serves over 27 million riders each year, including providing transportation throughout the county to schools, jobs, and recreation. Local buses have been involved in a number of accidents, including a multiple-vehicle collision that left two people injured, as reported by News 12 Westchester.
- One of the deadliest bus accidents in the area involved a tour bus that crashed on Interstate-95 after returning from a Connecticut casino. The driver, as noted in reporting by The New York Times, may have been traveling at a high rate of speed when he says he lost control of the vehicle after a tractor-trailer “clipped” the bus. The bus collided with a guard rail before slamming into a support pole, killing 14 people.
Whether you were a passenger, occupant of another vehicle, pedestrian, or bicyclist, we can help. If your injuries are caused by a bus driver’s negligent or careless act, you deserve compensation. Call our office or fill out our online contact form to discuss your case with an experienced White Plains bus accident lawyer today.
Insurance and Bus Accidents in New York
Common Causes of Bus Accidents
There may be multiple contributing factors to a bus accident. Some of the most common causes include:
- Driver inattention
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Operator inexperience
- Mechanical malfunction
Our attorneys will conduct a thorough, independent investigation to determine who can be held responsible for your injuries. In some cases, there may be multiple defendants that can be held liable. We will subpoena all relevant evidence in your case, including the driving logs and safety record of the driver. Contact our office immediately to get your bus accident claim started.
Contact Our Attorneys Now About Your Bus Accident
When you suffer serious injuries, you may be unable to work or perform your normal routine. You need an attorney with a proven track record. At Injured 914, we have recovered over $100 million in verdicts and settlements on behalf of injury victims. We are committed to providing you the aggressive, personalized representation you need to get the most money in your case.
If you are injured because of someone else’s negligence or wrongful act, contact our office to speak to a White Plains bus accident lawyer today. All consultations are 100% free and without obligation. Call today at (914) 368-7168 or fill out our online contact form to speak with an attorney.